Searching for a suitable social media management tools often brings you to Hootsuite. It is probably the most known and used tool out there. Is it best for you as well? Personal preference based on personal experience tells you best but ain’t nobody has time to try all tools right? Let’s find out whether Hootsuite or Kontentino fits your needs better .
Social media sites
While choosing your tool you need to know where do you want to post your content.
Hootsuite supports social networks: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Foursquare, WordPress, and Mixi with possibility to add other via add-ons, such as Instagram, Tumbler, Blogger, Reddit and Youtube. (some of these are considered premium apps so you might have to pay extra for them)
Kontentino supported social networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.
The HootSuite scope is wider so it has an advantage here. However, Kontentino is more brand and agency focused and new/trending social media networks are always added, especially the newest post formats like 360° photos or video carousel.
You have to enjoy working with different tools while doing your daily routine at work. That’s why ease-of-use is important criteria. It’s going to be hours spend with your tool and developers understand that so making a tool that is intuitive, eyesome while continuously improving functionality.
Visual attraction really is a personal preference. Kontentino might have a bit sharper look but it does not lack the functionality. Both tools are doing great work in this case and pointing out the winner here would be silly.
Scheduling posts is one of the main perks of using a social media tool. Scheduling should be easy and include a collaboration and approval workflow. Both tools can do this but there are few things different. Hootsuite has an option to superfast post scheduling with just a few clicks, it’s not that complex but it’s efficient in some cases when you need very fast and simple posting. Also, it can automatically set suggested time to publish your post based on an algorithm. Approving process is complex and offers sophisticated settings.
Kontentino on other hand doesn’t offer superfast scheduling but includes live post preview for all post types, checkboxes, and option to add colorful tags to your posts for better content balance. Moreover, all communication and feedbacking are happening right next to the post with separated internal and client comments.
Another nice perk is that Facebook posts scheduled with Kontentino are exported to Facebook as scheduled drafts. This way you can also schedule boost for particular posts before they are published.
- Supporting all post formats: Clear as it is. Kontentino supports all Facebook formats. You can create video carousels, 360° photos or even multiple images Instagram posts. This applies to all social media post types on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+.
- Live post preview: While reviewing a post, you can see exactly how it will look on a specific platform.
- Colorful tags for content balance: You can create and add tags with different colors to keep control over your content topics and themes. This is a perfect way to have content balance under control.
- Post requirement checkboxes: Set up checkboxes to remember important rules or guidelines your posts should meet.
- Inspirations: You or your client can add post inspirations into the calendar. Let Kontentino remind you the brand anniversary, new product launch or international days.
- Mobile app: Publish your Instagram posts via our mobile application and also, get reminded with a push notification a few minutes before your posts should go live.
- Collaboration and approval workflow: Kontentino offers you an option to involve multiple different people with different roles to work on your posts. You can set graphic designers to work only on the image or video. These different roles are part of a complex but intuitive collaboration and approval workflow feature. While some people work on posts, others (art directors, clients…) are able to approve it, give feedback or send it for a rework.
- Inspiration calendar: This handy calendar helps you to remind important events on special days so you will not forget to create related content (posts).
- Streams: Hootsuite’s default page offers the fully customizable board of streams, you can see your posts, mentions, messages of any of your managed accounts in any order you want.
- Campaigns: You can start predefined campaigns or make your own one to involve your audiences into company’s activities. Create an Instagram contest to power your feeds with hashtags!
- Fast posting: Hootsuite takes just a few clicks to completely schedule your post. Schedule posts without a calendar in a chronological order.
- Hootlet: Another time saver. Hootsuite’s browser extension to your browser will ease your re-posting. Have you just got onto an interesting article you would like to share? Just click on the button and share the link with your social media audience.
- Suggested scheduling: If you don’t want to bother to analyze when your post should be published, you can let Hootsuite set the time for you. This is a nice fancy feature, but it is really as helpful. We leave the answer up to you.
- URL Shortening: Similarly to bit.ly links, posts in Hootsuite are shortened to ow.ly. It gives you reports on clicks and your content performance.
- Analytics: Hootsuite gives you the option to generate different reports, deeper analytics come with an extra price for Instagram.
- App: Some say a desktop is dying. Having a mobile app is super convenient for users. Thumbs up for Hootsuite’s mobile app.
This is an important part and carefully weighted criteria when it comes to making a final choice. You have a budget, you have needs. When you open pricing section for both tools you see different prices for different plans. Let’s make this clear. Kontentino offers the same features as Hootsuite with the regular plans, on the other hand Hootsuite ask you to pay for such features premium. Other big difference is the number of users that have access to the tool. Why is that? Kontentino’s intention is to grant access to clients of each company that is using it. For example, when you are an agency that takes care for social media accounts of many different clients, you want to give them an access to review and approve particular scheduled posts. This is the reason why the number of users is set higher than Hootsuite’s.
Keep in mind, that you can go with some of these plans but it’s not strict. Everyone has different needs so asking for an individual plan isn’t unique. But be aware, some hidden prices can surprise you too. You can check Ian’s blog to learn more about these.
Hootsuite is more complex tool what is the result of being on the market almost 9 years. That is three times more than Kontentino. There is a lot of work behind both of these tools and the huge workload will still be there as changes in social media are made so often.
Which one should you choose?
Both tools have very similar focus. One way is to decide based on the unique features that you need for your business purposes.
Another option is to make choice based on your profile. For very small personal-like companies that do not have many social pages, only one person to manage and requires just basic scheduling, pick Hootsuite (Kontentino is very close so in this case, you wouldn’t hurt anyone if you just pick based on your feelings). For larger brands and agencies which need to coordinate multiple people, need to set approvals, see categories and content balances, the budget for posts and don’t have an astronomic budget – pick Kontentino. It will satisfy all general needs and won’t hurt your company’s wallet.
Have you chosen which tool is better for your needs? Let us know in the comment.
Kontentino is a powerful tool with which you can easily plan and approve your social media posts.
Start now and get one month for free!